Occupation: Computer & Information Systems Managers
Linux Engineer Manager – Quant Trading
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a talented Linux Engineer with a passion for mentoring and leading.
Our client is a well known quantitative proprietary trading firm, liquidity provider and market maker. They operate globally and are considered to be market leader.
The members of this team are very talented Linux Engineers, Admins and Programmers, tasked with improving and building a best-in-class platform that powers the complex trading systems. The technology is a mixture of in-house and open-source allowing deep customisation and innovation on every level.
- Providing strong leadership and guidance to the growing team of Linux Engineers, both managers and individual contributors.
- Leading by example and maintaining a hands-on approach to technical contributions while gradually transitioning into a management role.
- Ensuring the continuous maintenance and improvement of the platform powering production trading systems.
- Supporting individual team members to help them thrive and excel in their roles.
- Building and nurturing firm-wide partnerships, fostering a collaborative environment.
- Analyzing and resolving technical challenges at various levels, from operating system fundamentals to systems programming concepts.
- Spearheading large-scale coordination and communication efforts to enhance service delivery and team productivity.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Strong programming experience and willingness to learn a new language
- Proven experience in leading and supporting individuals and teams effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships and collaborations across the organization.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, encompassing technical, process-oriented, and people-related aspects.
- In-depth knowledge of operating system fundamentals, with a focus on Linux.
- Proficiency in Unix command line and shell scripting.
- Practical experience with modern Linux systems and systems programming concepts.
My client embraces individuals who are passionate about technical excellence, leadership, and embody our core values of honesty, cooperation, intellectual curiosity, humility, and data-driven decision-making. If you are ready to make a significant impact and drive innovation in a dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply for the role of Linux Engineer Manager and be a part of our forward-thinking team.
Complete discretion is guaranteed when working with us.